Saturday, March 24, 2012

My First Post

So, I thought for my first post, I should explain what this blog is about. I thought I should create a place where people can learn about the life of a homechooler. The hardships of ignorant (Note: not unintelligent, just lacking in the knowledge of how I live) people, who condemn me into being an unsocialized girl who lacks the knowledge and skills to survive in the world, to the blessings of being able to walk freely outside, and learn whatever I want. To just flow where the wind takes me, instead of having no time to follow my passions. So I hope you enjoy, and I hope this will educate some people into realizing: Homeschoolers aren't lacking intelligence, or social skills. We simply have more time to live, instead of being confined.

School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of human existence. They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks, new and unpleasant ordinances, brutal violations of common sense and common decency. It doesn't take a reasonably bright boy long to discover that most of what is rammed into him is nonsense, and that no one really cares very much whether he learns it or not.
~ H. L. Mencken

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful, or to discover something that is true.

~ William Inge

No comments:

Post a Comment